Back to school newsletter
Back to School Informational Newsletter
PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Dear St. Francis School Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! It is such a good feeling to be welcoming our St. Francis School Family to school once again! Please know that the one thing you can be absolutely certain of is our dedication to our students and their families. God has been guiding our steps as we have tirelessly prepared for this school year and we can’t wait to get started! St. Francis School is on a journey of Faith and we are so thrilled that you have decided to join us as we once again spread the Good News and Make Jesus Famous. We know God will guide us, Jesus will walk with us and the Holy Spirit will breathe new life into every school day. Thank you for continuing to trust us with the care of your wonderful children.
Interim Administrator: Mrs. Kathy Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org
Fourth Grade & Fifth Grade: Miss Kylie Hanley email@example.com
Third Grade: Miss Mary Schmitt firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Grade: Mrs. Dawn Koch email@example.com
First Grade: Mrs. Alyssa Brockman firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten: Ms. Sabrina Avery email@example.com
4YK: Mrs. Alyssa Busse firstname.lastname@example.org
Music: Mrs. Kaile Wescott email@example.com
Preschool: Mrs. Tracie Esterby firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Mrs. Amy Matzek email@example.com
Teacher Aide: Mrs. Liza Chatt
Food Service Director: Ms. Mary Dougherty firstname.lastname@example.org
Custodian: Mr. David Poole
If you have questions or concerns at any time during the year, please call Kathy Swanson, Interim Administrator (715-273-4391) or send an email (email@example.com). If you need to meet, please call to set a meeting time and place. Our answering machine is on 24 hours a day. Please do not hesitate to leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2022-2023
1. Our day runs from 8:05-3:25. Students may start arriving at 7:45; please do not drop off your student before 7:45am. If your child is dropped off before 7:45 am, they will need to be signed into our Eagles Nest before school care program and an Eagles Nest payment account will be started for your family. The Parish Hall door will remain locked until the 7:45 bell rings.
2. Our Parent pick begins at 3:10. This year we will once again have a pick up circle beginning at the Piety parking lot entrance and curving to the left (toward the fence), making a loop until you reach Door 3. When you arrive at door 3 you will remain in your car (unless you need to do car seat duty), and we will call your children from the building and escort them to your car. She will also have a daily list of alternate people you may have signed permission for to pick up your student(s). She may ask for ID from alternate pick up people. After your students are in your car you will exit again on Piety. Students will be moving to buses via the sidewalk by the Parish Hall door. Please watch for any little people who may get off track.
3. If your child has a change in where they are going after school please send a note in the morning or send an email to their teacher and Mrs. Amy Matzek in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send an email, we ask that if you have not received a reply by 2:15, please call or email again to be sure we received your message.
4. The Eagles Nest is our Before and After School Care Program at St. Francis School. Our Before School Care will be offered starting at 7:00 a.m. Our After School Care will run from 3:25 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. If you need registration information please contact our school office or visit our website at http://www.stfrancisellsworth.org/before--after-school-program.html We are excited to provide this service again this year to our families!
ADDITIONAL SCHOOL INFORMATION:
1. Parent Communications: We will use the large white envelope as a monthly communication system. They will be sent home with the oldest child in your family who attends St. Francis School on the last Monday of each month. You, as parent/guardian, are asked to read the information enclosed, complete any requested forms, permission slips, etc., DATE AND SIGN THE ENVELOPE, and return it (along with any forms) with your oldest child by Wednesday of that week. If there is no school on a particular Monday, the envelope will be sent home the following day that we are in session. Please plan your lunch payments accordingly so they can be sent in an envelope labeled “Lunch” in the monthly communication envelope.
2. Absences, Appointments, Late Arrivals: If your child will be absent due to illness or arriving late due to an early appointment, etc., please call the school office by 8:30 am. on the morning of the absence/late arrival. Because the answering machine is on 24 hours a day you will be able to call any time before 8:30 am. In addition, you are also required to send a dated and written note explaining the reason for the absence with your child on the day they return. According to Diocesan directives, we must have a written excuse, indicating the date, reason for absence, and parent signature from the parent/guardian kept on file for each absence/late arrival or tardy.
If your child needs to leave school early for an appointment or funeral, please send a note with him/her stating the date, time he/she needs to leave, and who will pick him/her up. You do not need to call unless he/she will not be in school for the 8:05 a.m. attendance roll. This note should be given to your child’s teacher who will send it to the office.
If your child is late (after 8:05 a.m.), you, as parent or guardian,will ring the bell at Door 1 and come to the Office to sign them in and give us your written excuse, before the child goes to the classroom.
Any time your child’s after school destination is someplace other than their usual destination, he/she needs a dated, written note signed by parent/guardian indicating the change. One note will suffice for the entire year if the after school destination is always to the same location, or a set schedule of days such as every Tuesday, or every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or daycare every Thursday.
3. School Day: School begins at 8:05 a.m., and dismisses at 3:25 p.m. 4YK begins at 8:05 a.m. and dismisses at 11:05 a.m.
Breakfast 7:45 a.m. - 8:05 a.m.
Morning Recess (Grades K-2): 9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Morning Recess (Grades 3-5 & 3K & 4K) 9:50 a.m. - 10:05 a.m
Lunch & Noon Recess (Grades 3K-2): 11:15 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
Lunch & Noon Recess (Grades 3-5): 11:25 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Afternoon Recess (Grades 3K-2): 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
4. Mass: We have school Masses on Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m. Please join us!
5. Calendars: A copy of the 2022-2023 school calendar and our events school calendar are included in today’s email. Copies are also available in the school office. Please keep it in a handy place for your reference throughout the year.
6. Food Service Program: These are the 2022-2023 prices:
Breakfast Lunch Ala Carte Milk
Students: Free $2.00 $.50
Adults & non-program participants: $2.35 $3.60 $.50
Preschool and 4YK Snack: 90 cents per snack
We have the JMC online program to keep track of our breakfast/lunch program deposits and expenditures. This system works like a checking account, requiring money in the family account at St. Francis in order to provide meals to students. Parents/guardians are expected to maintain a positive balance in their family food service account and will be able to view their individual family account balance online at https://stfrancis.onlinejmc.com.
At the beginning of the school year, families are to send money to be placed in their family account. Please note that the St. Francis School accounts are not related in any way to accounts at the public school. It is recommended that student/family lunch account balances be maintained at a level equivalent to one week’s student lunch and/or breakfast and/or 4YK/K snack charges per student. Balances that fall below $14.00 during the school year will generate a “Low Balance Notice” that will be e-mailed. It is the responsibility of the parent to make a deposit to the account in a timely manner and to avoid future low balance notices. Please see the “Food Services Policies” section of the Student Handbook for information about “Delinquent Debt” and steps St. Francis School will take in the case of persistent delinquent food service debt.
Breakfast and lunch menus are posted on our school website, in the cafeteria, and emailed to families along with our newsletter. Paper copies may be requested from the office. Milk is included in the prices for breakfast and lunch. If your child brings a bag lunch, milk may be purchased for 50 cents per carton. Please make checks payable to: St. Francis School Food Service. Since the Food Service bank account is different from the school account, please keep lunch money separate from any other school fees.
7. Morning Snacks: Grade 1-5 students may bring a nutritious snack for themselves to eat in the classroom in the morning. Please do not send a beverage, candy, cookies, puddings, potato chips, etc. The expectation is that the snack you send is for your child only - not to be shared with other classmates.
Kindergarten snacks will be included in their tuition. Preschool and 4YK and students will have a snack supplied by St. Francis School Food Service. The cost for this snack will be 90 cents per day and will be subtracted from the family breakfast/lunch account set up through our JMC online program.
***Wrap Around Reminder: The Enrollment Forms for our Wrap Around Program (childcare for after our Preschool and 4YK programs), were sent home in August. It was requested that those forms were to be returned by Open House on Thursday, Aug. 26 to allow time for adequate staffing and materials.
ITEMS IN YOUR WHITE ENVELOPE TONIGHT, TO BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED:
Please complete and return these items with your son/daughter by Wednesday, Sept. 7.
1. Statement of Compliance: Please review the Parent/Student handbook on our website and sign the Statement of Compliance. Our Handbook is available at http://www.stfrancisellsworth.org/resources
2. Student & Parent Technology Agreement: Please complete. This agreement needs to be signed each year before your child can use a device. Checks can be made payable to St. Francis School.
3. Safe Environment Student Training (K-5th): Each year St. Francis School is required to offer Safe Environment education to our students. The substance and focus are listed on the enclosed Safe Environment Student Form. If you would like to decline the training for your child, please complete the form and return it by Wednesday, September 7. Sign and return this form ONLY if you are declining the safe environment lesson for your child.
4. Child Comprehensive Medical Release and Permission Form This form gives us information required to attend field trips with the school.
*Student Medication Policy: A copy of our Medication Policy and Prescription and Nonprescription Medical Forms, can be found on our website at www.stfrancisellsworth.org under the Resource tab, or copies are available in the school office. These forms and our dietary restrictions form are attached to this email. If your child has an inhaler at school you need to have the prescription form completed. Any prescription medication requires a physician’s signature or it may not be administered. The medical clinics in the area also have an acceptable form - just ask your child’s physician to complete when he/she writes the prescription. Please send all prescription medication in the original container from the pharmacy.
*Regarding dress code: clothing depicting professional wrestling, as well as musical groups or individuals, or concert tours may not be worn to school. Shorts may be worn but the length must be at least fingertip length. Spaghetti straps may be worn only if a t-shirt or tank top is worn underneath. No bare midriffs, halter tops, excessively open tank tops, off the shoulder tops or very tight clothing may be worn. The new style of open shoulder tops is acceptable so long as there is a wide strap between the neck and shoulder. Torn clothing may not be worn, especially clothing torn at the knees. Tennis shoes with a closed back that tie or fasten are required for all recesses and phy-ed classes. Students will be allowed to change into tennis shoes before recess and phy-ed, if needed. Flip-flops should not be worn for school.
*It is strongly recommended that student cell phones not be brought to school. If your child brings their phone to school he/she may not use it during the school day. We require it to be turned off and kept in that student’s book bag.
*Parties: To avoid hurt feelings, parents are asked not to have children give out invitations at school to private parties unless everyone in the class (boys or girls, or both) is invited. Alternatives include mailing the invitations or telephoning parents of invited guests. Parents are also encouraged to provide the classroom teacher with a list of invited students in order for permission slips to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us and your child to successfully begin this new school year. We consider your families a great blessing and especially appreciate those who keep St. Francis School in their prayers. I am looking forward to this year and the opportunity to celebrate our faith while providing an excellent learning environment.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
St. Francis Alumni
We'd like to celebrate what our Alumni are doing now. Please help us update our information!