Dear St. Francis School Families,
Third Sunday of Advent
Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances
give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophetic utterances.
Test everything; retain what is good. Refrain from every kind
of evil. May the God of peace make you perfectly holy.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-23
GRADES 3-5 MID-QUARTER REPORTS: Students in grades 3-5 will receive mid-quarter reports today in the white envelope. If you have any questions please contact your child’s teacher. These reports do not need to be sent back to school.
JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON: During this Advent season, we will be collecting food or monetary donations for the Pierce County Food Shelf. Children can bring donations any time from November 28 – December 16. We will also be collecting the night of the Christmas program. Thank you in advance for helping us prepare our hearts for the season of Christmas!
ST. FRANCIS SCHOOL CLOTHING: Our school clothing company, Imaging World, is offering St. Francis themed clothing to us during this season. Orders placed by Wednesday, December 14th will be delivered to school on Wednesday, December 21st to take home before Christmas vacation. Please let us know if your order is a gift. The website is here.
WEDNESDAY MASS MUSIC: Please contact the school if you know of anyone who might be able to play piano/organ for the Wednesday morning Mass that is attended by our students.
2ND GRADE - FIRST RECONCILIATION: First Reconciliation will be held at 6:00 pm on Monday, January 16, 2017 at St. Francis Church.
CHRISTMAS PROGRAM - DEC. 15: Grades K-5 will present their annual Christmas Program on Thurs., Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. in the church. We will have a reception in the parish hall immediately following the program. Each family is asked to bring some type of food (cookies, bars, cheese & crackers, etc.) for this reception.
A dress rehearsal will be held Wed., Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. This is open to anyone who would like to attend.
Our main focus again this week will be making the final preparations for our K-5 Christmas Program! Mrs. Swanson and our children have been working hard, and are very eager to share their efforts with you!
• Dress Rehearsal: If you or grandparents will be taking your children home immediately after the dress rehearsal, please fill out the form included in the weekly envelope so the list of those leaving can be prepared ahead of time and given to teachers. Legally, grandparents or some other relative cannot give this permission, only the child’s parent/legal guardian.
• Program: All parents: please keep your child’s coat with you in your pew, and make sure your child takes care of any bathroom needs prior to the program.
Grades 3-5 should report to their classrooms at 6:45 p.m. Grades K-2 should not come over to school, but wait in church with their parents. Just before 7 p.m. they will meet as a class in the back of church. Grade 2 will meet in the Cry Room, Grade 1 in the back on the Holy Family statues side of church, and Kindergarten in the back on the organ side of church.
Costumes: All costumes remain the property of St. Francis School. Students must return their costumes to their teacher before going to the parish hall for refreshments. Teachers will have given specifics to students as to where to return their costumes.
• Early Arrival: We are excited that you plan to attend the St. Francis School Christmas program. Please plan to arrive after 5 pm to be seated. It is important that you provide supervision of your children appropriate to the sacred space of the church. Please remember that eating and drinking are not allowed in the church and that the sanctuary, risers, microphones, and choir loft are off limits. Please stay in your seat to save it. There are reserved rows in the front of the church. Please choose a seat behind them. Children should be at the school at 6:45 pm to go to their classrooms. Thanks for your cooperation in these matters! Enjoy the show.
• Reception: Each family is asked to bring some type of food for the reception that will follow in the parish hall. Food should be ‘ready to serve’ from your container, and might include items such as veggies & dip, fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, popcorn, cookies, bars, etc. Please take your container home with you when you leave if it is one you’d like to keep. Our Home & School Association will provide the coffee and punch. We would be grateful for any help with taking down the tables and chairs following the reception. Many hands help to finish the task quickly without being a great burden on anyone!
• Risers: We are in need of help with bringing the risers from church back to school immediately after the program on Thursday night. If you could lend a hand, please meet Mrs. Gardas at the front of church after the program. Thank you so much.
4YK WINTER PROGRAM - DEC. 20: Our 4YK students will present a Winter Program to their parents and guests on Tues., Dec. 20. Our 4YK students and their parents are invited to join us for breakfast following the program. More information including your RSVP for breakfast was included in last week’s envelope. RSVP were due by Wednesday, December 7th.
CHRISTMAS VACATION: Students will be dismissed at 2:45 on Thursday, December 22nd for Christmas vacation. Classes will resume on Tuesday, January 3rd.
WINE & WISHES 2016: In conclusion to our 2016 event, we are so grateful to the many volunteers, parents, and attendees in supporting our Run for the Roses themed event this year. We’re happy to announce that this fundraiser brought in over $27,000! This money is critical to the operation of our school, funding important initiatives such as technology, building upgrades and financial assistance. If you were not part of the fun and excitement this year, please consider volunteering and attending in 2017. With a new theme coming, we are anticipating an even bigger and better event. Please save the date for Saturday, November 4, 2017. A happy and heartfelt thank you again from the Wine & Wishes Committee.
NEW ST. FRANCIS SCHOOL SCHWAN’S CAMPAIGN: The St. Francis Home and School Organization is launching a new Schwan's campaign for the holidays. If you are already ordering Schwan's, please enter our new fundraising code on their website or order by phone. We get 20- 40% of all orders placed in the next few months with this new code (versus only 5% from the old code). If you order a $25 gift certificate, St. Francis School gets $10! Please let friends and family know of this great, easy way to support our school!
Here are two ways to support us!
1. Visit www.schwans-cares.com/c/30704
2. Click "Shop to Give"
ORDER BY PHONE: Call 1-855-870-7208 and provide Campaign ID: 30704
TUITION STATEMENTS: Tuition statements are included in today’s packet. Payments are due
As a reminder, these are the three plans choices available for paying tuition:
Plan 1: Pay total amount August 15
Plan 2: Pay by the semester: August 15 and January 13
Plan 3: Monthly ACH from a checking account: One initial payment August 15, then smaller payments on the 15th of each month, September through March.
WI TAX SCHEDULE PS - PRIVATE SCHOOL TUITION: WI tax Schedule PS is used to claim the
subtraction for tuition paid for your dependent child to attend a private school. The subtraction is available for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2014.
The form requires the name, address, and federal employer identification number (FEIN) of the private school where your child was enrolled during 2016. For St. Francis students, you will need to use: St. Francis of Assisi Parish, 264 S. Grant Street, P.O. Box 839, Ellsworth, WI 54011. The FEIN # is 39-0813434.
Reminder: In order to claim tuition expenses on your 2016 tax return, payments must be received by the parish no later than December 31, 2016.
HOME & SCHOOL MEETING – JAN. 12: Our next Home & School Association meeting will be held Thursday, January 12 at 6 PM in the parish hall. All parents and guardians are invited to attend. Please save the date!
CARNIVAL COMMITTEE MEETING – JAN. 12: All committee members will meet prior to the H &S Assoc. meeting at 5 PM in the parish hall on Jan. 12th.
ST. FRANCIS PARISH EDUCATION COMMITTEE MTG - JAN. 19: The Parish Education Committee will meet on Thursday, January 19 at 6:30 p.m.
Have an awesome week! Please call or e-mail if you have questions: 715-273-4391
Mary Gardas Jim Streifel
Head Teacher Administrator
St. Francis Alumni
We'd like to celebrate what our Alumni are doing now. Please help us update our information!